Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sa-wat-tee-kah! (sp?: )

**SAMPLE**





VIDEO: A quickie video of our golf cart tour around our roomie's International Community lake... be-a-u-ti-ful!! : )



**FULL SCOOP**

Sa-wat-tee-kah!! (aka... Hello in Thai: )

Once upon a time, I had a roommate who's family lived in Thailand...

...after listening to her stories about her travels, a few fellow roommates and I decided we should probably visit her... : ) One thing led to another and I started receiving email updates on good flight fares to Bangkok, my roommates started looking into getting passports, and our hosting roommate talked to her family who said we could stay with them... and well, the next thing we knew, we were all sitting together with our laptops clicking "purchase" = 2 weeks in Thailand with roommates... aka... an opportunity of a lifetime!!

I will update more later, but here is a quick whirlwind update of the last few days...

Tuesday - Arrived in CA, visited sister and darling family : )
Wednesday - Ran 13 miles with the crazy marathoning sister... I wanted to die... but we survived (while her husband so kindly watched the kiddies!)
Thursday - Woke up, finished packing, scurried to the airport and began the 10 hr. 40 min. flight to Tokyo!
Friday - Arrived in Tokyo, chilled in the airport, had a good time with the fun buttons in the bathroom... (I'll have to explain more later, but all I can say is, from seat warmers to soundtracks, I have never had such an exciting experience...! : ) After a 4 1/2 hr. layover, got back on the plane and began our 6 hr. 40 min. flight to Bangkok... during which I was graced with a chatty neighbor whom I tried to tell (several times) how tired I was and looking forward to a nap I was: )
Friday night - 10:30 p.m. (about 20 hours after take off...) we arrive in Bangkok, were greeted by a shrine to the King at the hotel entrance and slept very soundly!
Saturday - Woke up, explored the fabulous hotel our roomie's fam set up for us with a garden full of colorful flowers which we observed while enjoying the balmy warm weather, caught a cab via driving on the left lane and headed to our next hotel near her neighborhood!
Saturday day/night - Strolled around the neighborhood full of dogs and scooters, snagged some lunch at a Mexican place (we figure there will be plenty of Thai food to come : ) and took a quick visit to the International Community where our roomie's family lives and enjoyed the lake there, took a 3 hour nap (still jet lagged, but adjusting well: ) and finally met up with our roomie for dinner who had just arrived herself!
Sunday - Went to church at their International ward, got to hear testimonies in Indian, Philipino, etc. accents and on our way home, saw royalty pass us on the opposing highway! (the highway was cleared and there was an entourage of cars with the "yellow mercedes" that is for royalty only...!) and closed the evening with finding a little baby gecko in our room... : )



All in all... so far, it has been an adventure already... the best part? This is just the beginning! : ) Much love, K*

PS - I'll try to provide more details later, but for now, I'll just be posting what I can : ) Loves! - K*

YOUR TURN/READER THOUGHTS: What's the craziest place you've ever been to, or wanted to go?

2 comments:

Afton said...

Tina how awesome! I can't wait for more stories, I'm so glad you get to stay with us on the way back so we can get the full stories. City saw your pics and got excited, "Tina!" She'll be saying "uncle" soon enough though with my training.

Have a blast!

Autumn said...

Teen!! How fun! I can't wait to see/read more. BE SAFE, USE MACE!!!!!!!! BE SAFE, USE MACE!!!!!! I think you should rethink the long runs. I'm getting nervous!

.... And now, for some flavorful & audio-licious enjoyment .... ; )


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones